Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reviving Cinemafangeeque

Did I ever tell you where I got the name for Cinemafangeeque? It seems kind of uninspired and stupid, doesn't it? Well, I used to read Fox Trot comics a lot when I was a teenager, and one of Jason's favorite magazines was called "Cinemafangeeque." The name stuck with me over the years because of just how corny it is. Being that I am a huge fan of film and my obsession almost airs of the side of geekdom at times, I felt the name would be prudent. I originally started this blog to try my hand at writing a few news articles related to film, but eventually I just dropped the ball as I had school work and other things on my mind.

Luckily, today I find myself in a much better position to keep this blog going with much more content than before. For the past couple months I have been writing reviews and news for a great website called "Movie Cynics," and as such I have gotten into the habit of posting original content quickly and efficiently. With this kind of work under my belt, I feel it prudent to keep myself in the habit and keep practicing the format of writing for an online audience as much as I possibly can. This is why I have decided to make a return with Cinemafangeeque, as it is a blog which I know I can quickly pick up and run with. So, what can you expect from this blog from now on?

My plans for the future of Cinemafangeeque include a number of different things. First, of course I plan to post links and small descriptions of both reviews and news that I and other reviewers on Movie Cynics have posted. Second, I plan to post a few video reviews that might or might not be directly related to reviews I have written on the site. To get an idea of what those might be like, you can check out the youtube videos at the bottom of the page. While these will be a large focus of the blog, I have to say that at times I have ideas and thoughts which I wish to express, and sadly a professional site such as Movie Cynics is not the place for them. As such, you can expect me to express my true feelings and opinions on films and media formats here on Cinemafangeeque.

While a certain level of my personality seeps through all that I write, I really do try to keep my words and thoughts as professional as possible on the site, so when I have a particular rant or rave to make on a subject I am glad to know that I will now have Cinemafangeeque to turn to. I also plan to post original content such as DVD/Blu-ray deals, Top 5 and Top 10 Lists, and even some film pairings that I plan to call "Movie Night." Movie Night will essentially be a review of two films which have something in common that makes them work together as a Double Feature. The basic idea will be to expose new and different ideas concerning film to my audience by suggesting films that they can sit down and watch as a Double Feature and find similarities which both make the films stand out and add to their significance.

Hopefully my new format will meet with some approval from film fans, but as it stands right now, my only intention is to serve the fans and friends I already have and to serve myself as well. I expect Cinemafangeeque to become both a creative outlet and a source of practice for my writing form. I am first and foremost a writer, so although I enjoy film and the process of making video reviews and the like, my main focus for the future is to improve my writing ability as much as possible while finding my voice and entertaining my readers. If you want to know more about me and get the first scoop on reviews/films/news from me, feel free to follow me on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe