Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just a quick update

I don't have a lot of time tonight, but I still wanted to put something out there for friends and fans that want to know what I've been up to. I've got a few new reviews up, as well as some interesting movie news. Check it out below.
_____________________________________________________________________________________


Jeepers Creepers Review

I felt like doing a review of a horror movie or two for Halloween, so I started with Jeepers Creepers. In my review I explain my reasons for enjoying the film, and even go so far as to call out the haters! I'm sorry, but there's just way too much to enjoy about the movie to ignore it. Jeepers Creepers is awesome, and if you haven't checked it out yet, you really should. Check out my review if you want to know more.



The Haunting in Connecticut Review

This review came after Halloween, and it wasn't necessarily intended to be connected to the holiday. To be honest, I was torn between a few possibilities to review today, and I felt like tearing into something, so I chose to review The Haunting in Connecticut. What sucks is that the movie had potential with a pretty good and original ghost story behind it, but they just royally screwed this one up. Suffice it to say the movie was bad, but if you want to know why, you should check out my review.

John Carpenter to Direct 'Darkchylde' Comic Book Adaptation

The interesting thing about this is that Carpenter really hasn't directed much in the last ten years. No, I don't mean he hasn't directed much of anything noteworthy, I mean he hasn't directed much of ANYTHING AT ALL. Now he attaches his name to a comic book adaptation like this? Darkchylde is far from the most recognizeable or worthy comic book for adaptation, but it features a hot chick with big tits, so Hollywood no doubt sees big bucks in it. What's amazing is that the guys behind the Lord of the Rings special effects are going to be working on this project, too. Check out the article if you want to see their test reel and get more info.

Ryan Kwanten to play Charles Manson in 'The Family'


Ryan who now? Yeah, that was my reaction, too. But look at the guy, take away his pretty boy image, and he actually looks a lot like Manson. Hell, one of the reasons that Manson was so effective was because he was a pretty boy. I think that's why I find this bit of info so interesting, because 'The Family,' which will be written by the writer of 'The Machinist,' is intended to be focused on the Manson Family moreso than just on Charles Manson. This could end up being an interesting movie, and an interesting choice for the role. Either way, it's worth checking out the info in the article if you're interested.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and if you want to check out what my DVD collection looks like, I made a DVDAF page. I'll accept any and all friend requests on there, so feel free to hit me up. I'm afraid I won't be able to offer much more this week until at least Thursday, as I've got school all day on Wednesday. I hope you all understand, and thanks for helping me out and checking out my reviews and articles. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe